Sunday, February 10, 2008

The Ground Stroke







Here I took the stills of the video, photoshoped the images together and came up with a pretty interesting image. Instead of focusing in on just the horizontal movement, here I started to look at the vertical differences in the body and how the verticals then related to the horizontal. I choose four point that would give me a vertical line segment, the head, hip, knee, and foot. Once I was able to create the vertical diagram, I choose to connect each point those points with a horizontal line segment to better understand the motion as a whole.

The following images are the diagrams broken down, to better understand how I generated the finial image. And for some reason the uploading of these images distorted the color of the original jpgs, so forgive the really odd colors.





1 comment:

Luc Wilson said...

The vertical/horizontal comparative diagram is extremely understandable and demonstrates a clear attitude about movement. But it looks like all of the diagramming you have done is of the side view. Before you translate you movement to 3-dimension I think you’ll need to do a vertical/horizontal diagram of the front view. You can then use the two diagrams to start to generate a 3-dimensional translation.